Welcome to Watkins Eye Center
an affiliate of Houston Eye Associates
Refractive Surgery Houston
Clearly, it's about your vision at Watkins Eye Center. From the moment you step into our practice, your individual preferences, needs, and questions will be greeted with the consideration and compassion you deserve. With every patient, our ultimate goal - to enhance quality of life through eye care - stands true.
"Everyone was exceptionally nice, friendly, and professional!" - Harold S. read moreWhether you are seeking refractive surgery or a routine eye exam in Houston, our experienced ophthalmologist and founder, L. Andrew Watkins, M.D., can help. In the words of one of our longtime patients, "If you have to go to a doctor, the experience that you would have here is exactly what you want." Our entire team invites you to visit our practice and learn why.
At the Forefront of Eye Care Technology
Dr. Watkins has been a leader in the field of ophthalmology for more than 25 years. He is one of only two doctors in the Houston area to serve as a Food and Drug Administration investigator of the AMO Tecnis® multifocal intraocular lens prior to its FDA safety approval. He has also lectured nationally and internationally on the AMO ARRAY®, ReZoom™, and Tecnis® multifocal intraocular lenses, and performed more multifocal lens implants than virtually any other doctor in the region. Moreover, Dr. Watkins has successfully performed upwards of 10,000 cataract and refractive surgery procedures.
Watkins Eye Center proudly offers comprehensive eye care and vision correction services, in addition to the most advanced refractive surgery options, such as PRELEX (presbyopic lens exchange) and iLasik with the IntraLase®. Houston patients may turn to us for:
- Cataract Treatment
- Dry Eyes Treatment
- General Eye Care
- Laser Vision Correction
- iLasik with the IntraLase®
- Multifocal Intraocular Lenses
- Presbyopia Treatment
Contact Watkins Eye Center Today!
For more information about our numerous refractive surgery options or alternatives, or to schedule a consultation in Houston, Texas, please reach out to the friendly staff at Watkins Eye Center. We would be happy to walk you through the ways in which Dr. Watkins can correct your vision.
Enjoy an exciting career at a top rated and fast growing ophthalmology practice located in the Historic Heights area of Northwest Houston. The candidate will work with Dr. Watkins in providing the highest quality of eye care to our patients. for more information
What We Can Do For You
The Watkins Eye Center proudly offers comprehensive eye care and vision correction services, in addition to the most advanced refractive surgery options, such as PRELEX (presbyopic lens exchange) and iLasik with the IntraLase™. Houston patients may turn to us for:
- Nov 11, 2011Types of Refractive Errors Refractive errors are some of the most common kinds of vision problems tha...Read More
- Nov 05, 2011How to Choose an Eye Surgeon When picking a refractive surgeon or an eye doctor of any kind, it’s...Read More
- Nov 01, 2011Common Vision Problems for Seniors As people age, they become more prone to various vision problems. We&rsquo...Read More
- Oct 29, 2011What is WaveFrontâ„¢ LASIK Technology?WaveFrontâ„¢ is the technology that makes custom LASIK possible. Using t...Read More
- Oct 21, 2011Custom vs. Traditional LASIKCustom LASIK offers so many advantages over traditional LASIK surgery. Indee...Read More
- Oct 04, 2011LASIK and Dry Eye - Risk Factors Dry eye is one of the common side effects that people may experience after...Read More
- Sep 29, 2011Cataract Surgery and IOL Options Cataracts are a common vision problem that can be remedied effectively thr...Read More
- Sep 24, 2011IntraLaseÂ® Benefits When it comes to effective and safe laser eye surgery and vision correctio...Read More
- Sep 20, 2011Presbyopia Overview Presbyopia is a vision problem that you probably may not have heard of, bu...Read More
- Sep 15, 2011What is iLASIK? You’ve no doubt heard about LASIK surgery before, but what about iLA...Read More